Friday 8 August 2014

Fractions!

We have started learning about fractions. We have talked lots about what a half 1/2 means. On Monday we took part in some special challenges to try and find a 1/2 in lots of different ways. We also had to record our ideas on a piece of paper and share them with the class...


Here we are trying to find a half of a cup of water. How would we find the half way mark?


If we have 12 lollies and we ate half, how many would we have left?


If a circle had 10 dots and an ant walked around half of the circle, how many dots would he walk past?


How much money is in the jar? If I gave you half, how much money would you have?




Hmmm 16 uni-fix cubes and I need to find half…


Got it! 8 +8 is 16….so if I count 8 cubes, I can find half!! 



Half a blob of play-doh!


A trapezium is half of another shape…got it. A trapezium is half a hexagon!



If I filled this container to half way, how many cubes would I need?




No comments:

Post a Comment